Patient Screening, Tracking & Retention
PROFESSIONAL, EFFICIENT AND PAYING ATTENTIONIntegrating people with technology to maintain patient flow
CTM offers many options when it comes to screening and tracking patients. Whether it’s web, IVR, or call center screening by a nurse, we have the clinical trial patient recruitment and retention tools to enroll any study.
Nurse Staffed Global Call Center
Call center agents are often the first point of potential patient contact with a study. A person’s initial interaction can determine whether he or she consents to further screening. Patients benefit when speaking with a caring medical professional who has a clear understanding of the clinical trial process.
With CliniCallRN™, potential study participants are screened and referred by nurses, doctors, and degreed medical professionals for a better patient experience.
Nurses, doctors, and other degreed professionals refer better quality patients and increase referral rates by as much as 30%. Ads that reference “Call and speak to a nurse” have a significantly greater impact on potential subjects than those that don’t.
- Scripts in any language, 24/7, in every world time zone
- Nurses, doctors, and degreed medical professionals available to answer inquiries
- Retention services, including patient contact for appointments, dosing, and daily reminders
- Outbound calling, case management, hotline support, and adherence
Patient Recruitment Platform
Study Maximizer™ is CTM’s advanced, user-friendly patient recruitment, enrollment, and retention tracking system that follows the status of every patient in the pipeline in real time.
From initial inquiry, Study Maximizer™ tracks recruitment by both patient and investigator. Study managers always know how a study is progressing with its easy-to-follow user interface. Study Maximizer™ details:
- Patient status
- Timeline adherence
- ROI of every outreach tactic
- Site productivity
Referred Study Patient Platform
Sponsors expect sites to follow-up with referred patients promptly.
SMARTS™ is CTM’s patient referral platform that monitors and evaluate sites follow-up with patients who have passed an initial pre-screen. These potential subjects are interested in participating in a clinical study and anticipate immediate attention. Referred patients who are contacted while their interest is piqued are more likely to schedule their first site appointment. Benefits include:
- A better patient experience
- Accelerated patient enrollment
- Ability to identify site follow-up with patients
- Improved site performance
Sites need support when it comes to recruitment and retention.
Site Assist™ is CTM’s site support service in which we communicate with sites to keep them engaged and focused on a sponsor’s clinical study. We contact sites weekly to discuss recruitment and retention strategies, collect information, and troubleshoot problems to maintain maximum patient flow. Our Site Support Specialists track the status of all patients who have been referred to the sites and provide weekly reports to sponsors. Site Assist™ benefits sites and sponsors by:
- Tracking patients from initial pre-screening through randomization
- Helping to keep a study “top-of-mind”
- Collaborating with sites to optimize enrollment and retention
- Assisting sponsors to maximize their site investment
Global Advertising Response Tracking
ARTS™ is CTM’s advertising response call tracking system.
This scalable platform routes calls through a dedicated toll-free number to the closest study site. When sponsors want sites to directly field calls instead of using a call center, ARTS™ is a great tactic to deploy.
ARTS™ tracks ROI from advertising with real-time reports that detail the response that each outreach medium generates. Assigned toll-free numbers log calls and distribute them appropriately in multiple and single site markets.
Advantages of using ARTS™ include:
- Automated call routing
- Unique toll-free number to track advertising and outreach tactic
- Call tracking in real time, all over the world
- IVR pre-screening that eases site burden
- Results data that is used to optimize media recommendations
- Metrics that can be integrated with our CLASS™ and Site Assist™ services
- Enabling multiple site markets to share media costs, thereby maximizing advertising spend
- No IRB approval required
Retain3D™ is CTM’s study retention platform that’s designed to support sites in maintaining patients enrolled in a trial. It tracks patient progress, activity, and helps to keep subjects in compliance with study requirements. Retain3D™ also accommodates patient communication. Retention services include:
- Tracking the patient throughout their journey
- Patient reminders regarding appointments, dosing, and diary entries via text, email, and voice
- CliniCallRN™ call center outreach
- Lost-to-Follow-Up patient contact to re-engage subjects who have lost interest in study participation and get them back on track
- Subject motivation programs to reward patients for continuing to participate or those who have completed their study requirements
- Transportation support for patients who are either too infirm or too far away to travel to a site
Text Messaging Platform
Text messaging is an integral patient recruitment and retention tool.
TrialText™ is CTM’s global text messaging platform. It operates on its own or with media outreach and CliniCallRN™, our nurse-staffed global call center. It is essential in engaging patients and sites throughout a trial. TrialText™ accelerates recruitment and enhances enrolled patient compliance and retention. Features and benefits include:
- Providing study respondents and participants with a convenient way to communicate with sites
- Pre-screens study candidates
- Reminding enrolled patients about dosing and appointments
- Reminding sites to engage with a patient, or that there is an upcoming appointment
- Integration with Study Maximizer™ to track patients
- Global usage in the patient or site’s local language
Many potential patients and caregivers click on a study website as a first point of research when it comes to study participation.
CTM creates informative study-specific websites, screeners, and/or landing pages that are visually appealing, easy to understand, and simple to navigate. Our sites are search friendly and expertly programmed. CTM-developed websites provide:
- Visually appealing imagery with optional study branding
- Easy-to-read text
- Relevant and easy-to-understand study descriptions
- Search-friendly meta-tags and text
- IRB-approved content
- Compliance with all global privacy regulations
- Call center or site integration
Patient Database Review
Patient recruitment at the site level begins with a review of existing patient databases. However, sites sometimes need help with identifying all eligible subjects within their own medical practice. CTM assists in finding them.
PDR™ is CTM’s patient identification service. We support participating sites by dedicating specially-trained personnel to review their patient databases. This maximizes patient recruitment and saves time and resources for sponsors. PDR’s services include:
- Providing a trained nurse to view a site’s medical records to identify more potential study patients
- Onsite patient screening to help free up site personnel
- Call center patient screening for study qualification and appointment scheduling
- Text, email or “snail” mail to inform potential study candidates of their eligibility
- EHR integration where feasible